The receptionist / service / bar is an employee in a hotel or restaurant who takes care of the reception tasks, bar and food service and looks after our guests. You will be responsible for catering to our guests, be it residents who want to stay overnight or for visitors who want to enjoy a meal and drink or go for a swim.
- Welcome and direct guests to their rooms (Checkin/Checkout)
- Cater for any needs that our guests may have
- Bar service for drinks
- Food service from our kitchen
- Computer related tasks like input of new bookings and amending bookings
- Writing receipts and invoices for our guests
- Taking bookings via phone or email
- Keeping track of the overall situation of our guests and the lodge – ensuring everybody is happy
- This might also include tasks you are not explicitly expected to do (cleaning a room, preparing breakfast)
Skills & Talents you should have
This position can, if well done, transition to an assistant manager position. There are plenty of opportunities for you to grow at Safari Lodge.
Vocational training in the hotel industry is not a mandatory requirement for this position, but is welcome. Applicants with specialist training in one of the possible areas of the hotel industry are therefore given preferential treatment. Bookkeeping skills and prior IT knowledge are an asset.
A receptionist should have a talent for
- organization (even in difficult and explosive situations), a
- polite manner and a well-groomed appearance,
- knowledge of foreign languages (at least English),
- reliability and loyalty,
- discretion and secrecy,
- Independence and ability to work with a team of 10,
- computer skills (Excel / Google Sheets, Word, etc.),
- trained handling of people
Working hours for this position will require a five or six day workweek with flexible off days, depending on our occupancy. The workweek consists of 48 hours.
Update 03/04/21: Submissions are now closed, thanks to everyone who applied.